Thursday, January 6, 2011

Again

Kisses fair, kisses wild,

I wait for you to tread faded paths.

Watch the stars calling for the last melody,

Unbelieveing as they plunge into sleep once again.

Listen to the parley of the bronzed leaves,

That weep the frozen beauty of their white queens.



One last time,

Pipe me a tune.

Sing me of errant love, of slithering lust

Of gleaming tombs and a peeling bust.

Give Memory back to the dead, and tears to the wise.

Give blood to the King, and let him smile.

One last time.



Darkness trapped within a net of light.

Unreality painted with promises bright.

Come into my lure again,

I'll kiss your fevered sleep away.

Wake you to a precious dream,

A world without your beloved's scream.



Must you run? Must you defy?

Must I bleed and quarter your kind?

Must I sigh a million sighs?

And buy your love with pain?



One last time.

Make me cry.

I'd like to feel.

One last time.

No comments: